Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hello all,
This update is to talk about the new internship I just started at Titmouse Inc.

so far so good I must say, the work environment is really cool, there's free beer on tap and regular Mario Kart and Guitar Hero competitions.



"Titmouse Studios?" you say questioningly "I've never heard of them"

"Neither had I" I respond congenially. Titmouse is a primarily Flash based studio that is best known for their show Metalocalypse on [Adult Swim].



Unfortunately the show is not in production at the moment, so I don't get to experience the glory of working on it (yet...) but what I am working on is a movie called "BATON"

BATON is a feature length Japaneses movie that has been sent to Titmouse to be rotoscoped, rotoscoping for those who don't know is the process of animating over live action footage (I.E: Waking Life, A Scanner Darkly.) My job title is 'colorist', which means I take the line work animation and color them in according to the style sheets. Its pretty much a glorified paint by numbers deal, but its definitely more interesting then a lot of gig's I've had in the past.

I'm not sure how secretive the project is, but I'll see if I can't post a screen shot here in a few weeks time.

Fun Fact: In the United States, Alabama has the highest concentration of animals that can kill; 19 deadly species in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment